Your bedroom should be an oasis. It’s the last place you escape to after a long day and the first place you see when you wake up. With the stress life throws at us, it’s essential to come home to calm space. Creating a tranquil bedroom is easier than you think.
Follow our tips to make your bedroom a serene space:
- Neutral Paint Color: Use neutral paint colors in your bedroom to create a soothing space. Bright and vibrant colors tend to be more distracting when you’re trying to relax. Incorporate shades of ivory or pastel blues and greens.
- Soft Lighting: Strong overhead lighting, like fluorescent bulbs, is bright but distracting. Light bulbs that cast a warm light will give your room a cozy feel.
- Aromatherapy: Give your bedroom a spa like feel with aromatherapy. Light candles or incense (safely) in order to create warmth and tranquility.
- Hide Clutter: Conceal clutter. A clean and organized space will make it easier for you to relax and unwind. As Benjamin Franklin said, “A place for everything, everything in its place.”
- Minimal Electronics: The ultimate way to make your bedroom a calm place is to skip out on electronics as much as possible. Your bedroom is a place for you to recharge. Electronics can be disruptive and even make it harder for you to fall asleep. Your bedroom should be reserved for sleeping, reading, and relaxing.
There are enough stressors outside the home. Make your bedroom a place you want to come home to at the end of a long day.