Because Sioux City is located at the borders of three states, many agents have real estate licenses in Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska. CENTURY 21 ProLink strongly recommends that agents pursue a license in all three states. If you are an Iowa resident and have your active Iowa license you may receive reciprocal licenses in both South Dakota and Nebraska by submitting the appropriate applications and fees. licensing classes
- Must be 18 years of age – no residency or citizenship requirement
- Complete the 60 hour pre-license course
- Successfully pass the state and national portions of the examination
- Undergo a criminal history and background investigation
- Must be sponsored by a broker after passing the licensing exam; can’t apply for an inactive license
- Obtain errors and omissions insurance
South Dakota Residents
- Applicant for a license must be at least 18 years of age, be a citizen of the United States or a resident of South Dakota.
- Grounds for Denial of License Application: The Commission may deny the issuance of a license for reasons such as conviction of a felony, unpaid judgments, misstatements, etc.
- Applicant must complete 116-Hour Pre-Licensing Course with an exam score of 75%.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age
- Required to complete 60 hours of pre-license education
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Submit fingerprint cards for a criminal background check
- Pass the license exam