But what a beleaguered planet really could use is a little commitment — some dedication to the long run.
That’s why we home owners make ideal stewards of the environment. We’re committed to the long run (everybody with a 30-year mortgage, raise your hand), and what we do with our daily household routines has lasting impact.
With that in mind, we’ve cooked up six Earth Day resolutions for home owners — simple ideas that are easy to do, will save you some cash, and are a snap to make second nature:
- Put up a clothes line to dry clothes this summer.
- Shut down your computer at night (instead of putting it to sleep).
- Take shorter showers instead of using the shower as a meditation chamber (gotta love that white noise).
- Put something heavy (like a brick or bottle of water) in the toilet tank. It displaces the water, so you need less to fill the tank after flushing.
- While waiting for the shower water to warm up, put a bucket under the faucet. Use that water for plants.
- Always use low-VOC paints.Read more: http://www.houselogic.com/home-diy/green-living/what-to-do-for-earth-day/#ixzz1sKcDVZpd