You know the saying, “When life gives you lemons, make natural cleaning supplies?” Okay, we made that one up, but there are so many ways to make natural cleaning supplies using things that you may already have at home.
5 Natural Cleaning Products:
1. Toilet Bowl Cleaner (Yahoo Shine): You need a measuring cup, a toilet brush, half of a cup of baking soda, 10 drops of tea-tree essential oil, and half a cup of distilled white vinegar. Pour the baking soda into the toilet bowl, add the oil, then add the vinegar. Let the water sit for several minutes then scrub it with the toilet brush. Flush the toilet and voila you have a clean toilet!
2. Natural Air Freshener (How Does She): You need a spray bottle, eight ounces of water, and five to seven drops of essential oils. Simply pour the water in the spray bottle, then drop in the essential oils. Screw the top back on and spray away.
3. Natural Laundry Detergent (Wellness Mama): You can make natural laundry detergent using just three ingredients! You need Washing Soda, Borax, and a natural bar soap of your choice. Grate the bar of soap or mix it in the food processor until it is finely ground. Mix two parts washing soda, two parts Borax, and one part grated soap then store it in a closed container. Use between one eighth and one fourth of a cup per load of laundry.
4. Homemade Dishwasher Detergent (Happy Money Saver): You need one cup of Washing Soda, one cup of Baking Soda, three packages of unsweetened lemonade drink mix, one cup of Kosher Salt, and one cup of water. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and start using your new dishwasher detergent. The lemonade makes it smell good and has antibacterial properties. We think that you could also try adding in a few drops of lemon juice.
5. Natural Multi-Purpose Citrus Cleaner (Lexie Naturals): You need a glass container, citrus fruit peels, one tablespoon of salt, vinegar, distilled water, and five to ten drops of essential oil. Cut the orange peels and put them in the glass container, add salt to the orange peels and let them sit for twenty to thirty minutes. Fill the containers with vinegar and water. You can do half vinegar and half water. Now put a lid on the jars and let it sit for two to three weeks. After you’ve waited two to three weeks, strain the solution and fill up a squirt bottle. If you want to add essential oils, you should add them now. Now you are ready to start cleaning!
These natural cleaning products will help you to save money and have a home that is both clean and green.