Eight seconds. That’s all it takes for most buyers to form a first opinion of your house.
It’s not long, so you need to make it count. Ideally, your home will impress and motivate a buyer to swiftly make an offer before it’s gone from the market. CENTURY 21 ProLink agents are experienced professionals who can help you get the most from your home.
We are dedicated to selling your property at the best price possible in the shortest amount of time. Home Staging can help highlight your home’s best features, making it appeal to buyers’ senses and emotions. Following simple exterior and interior design ideas and home-improvement suggestions can maximize your home’s attractiveness and create a captivating first impression.
Try to look at your house “through a buyer’s eyes” as though you have never seen it before.
- Front door needs to be focal point with no paint chipping and all the hardware working properly
- Go around perimeter of the house and remove all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc, into the garage or trash
- Roof free and clear from obstructions such as tree limbs and no leaks
- Check gutters and ensure they are neatly hung
- Windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)
- Bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned
- Flower bed free and clear of weeds and the bed properly mulched
- Clear patios and decks of all small items, such as small planters, flowerpots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc
- Keep the lawn neatly groomed
- Lawn free from weeds, grass clippings and neatly edged
- Check paint condition on the house, especially the front door, trim and siding
- Power wash the siding, decks and sidewalks
- Review if shutters, shingles, stone or bricks need replacing
- Check exterior stairs and handrails; walkways, screens, screen doors
- In the winter, keep sidewalks clear of snow and ice
Think of this process as a head-start on the packing you will eventually need to do. Consider Renting a Storage Unit because almost every home shows better with less furniture.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator
- Clean out the refrigerator
- Remove items from the countertops, tubs, shower stalls and commode tops
- Be sure that the bathroom tubs, tile, sinks, shower floor and ceiling and toilet bowls are free of mildew and look sparkling clean
- Hang the towels neatly from the towel racks
- Repair any leaky faucets
- Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks
- Patch and paint where necessary, place cracked tiles and fix doors
- Paint any room needing paint and change wall colors (if needed)
- Wallpaper must be fresh and clean
- Take down and rearrange pictures or objects on walls
- Remove extra objects on the walls
- Remove knickknacks and souvenirs
- Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms.
- Remove all books from bookcases
- Rearrange or remove unnecessary furniture throughout your home
- Clean carpets and vacuum drapes that need it
- Dust cobwebs from ceilings and chandeliers
- Clean ceiling fan blades and window blinds
- Clean windows
- Make sure the closets and garage are not “too full”
- Replace burned out light bulbs and repair any faulty switches
- Make certain all rooms are odor-free
- Remove all signs that this is a pet’s home
Click here to have one of our agents walk through your home to give you advice.