Background & Experience
Ellen Kaplan has been a real estate development, sales and leasing specialist in the greater Sioux City area since 1993. Some of Ms. Kaplan’s major projects have included representation of: CF Industries in its disposition of the Terra Centre 10 story office tower in downtown Sioux City, General Motors in the negotiation of a long-term lease and the subsequent sale of the former 224,000 sq. ft. GM facility, as well as the sale of two other industrial properties in excess of 220,000 sq. ft. each, consummation of call center leases for Stream, Alorica and Century Link and the office leasing of over 80,000 sq. ft. of GLA in Mayfair Center, a converted former retail property. Other significant transactions include the largest local multi-family property sale in Siouxland to a REIT, and negotiation of major office leases for CF Industries, Robert W. Baird, Allied Solutions, Arthur J. Gallagher, the SSA and the USPS.
Additional work experience includes repeated representation of clients such as Klinger Properties, Palmer & Company, the Sioux City Community School District, US Bank, Tyson Foods, Hy-Vee, Nutra-Flo, Unity Point St. Luke’s, Bomgaars, Gerkin Windows & Doors, Progressive Insurance and RDO Equipment.
Ms. Kaplan has also been active in Sioux City’s retail sector as leasing agent for the Marketplace, the city’s premier community shopping center with a GLA of 245,000 sq. ft.
Previously Ms. Kaplan was associated with the Chicago law firm, now known as Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, as an attorney in the real estate department, where she handled a wide variety of matters including dispositions, acquisitions, leases, and lender and borrower representation. Ms. Kaplan is a graduate of the University of Chicago Law School and the University of Wisconsin Madison.
Recent community service includes service on the board of UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s and Health Inc. where she served as the Board President of each. She also served on the boards of UnityPoint Health System, The Siouxland Medical Education Foundation, and Girls Inc. of Sioux City. Past service includes Boys Scouts – Mid American Council, the Tax Research Conference, the Skywalk Board of Trustees, the Jewish Federation of Sioux City, as well as numerous PTA/PTO and other Sioux City Community School District organizations and boards.
- CF Industries: 171,000 sq. ft. office building sale
- CF/Wells Fargo: 17,700 sq. ft. flagship lease
- UnityPoint St. Luke’s: 16 acre medical campus site assemblage and acquisition
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: 62,530 sq. ft. office building sale
- Stream: 160,000 sq. ft office building lease
- Alorica: 84,000 sq. ft. call center lease
- Century Link: 50,000 sq. ft. call center lease
- Hy-Vee: 76,000 sq. ft. retail site acquisition
- Ridge Oaks: 132 unit apartment sale
- Marketplace: 72,000 sq. ft. retail leases
- Mayfair Center: 80,000 sq. ft. office/medical leases
- Kum & Go: 1-29 retail site sale
- General Motors: 224,000 sq. ft. industrial building sale
- Palmer Candy: 220,000 sq. ft. industrial building acquisition
- General Motors: 202,000 sq. ft. industrial building lease
Senior Commercial Sales Associate
Cell: 712.251-2154 | Fax: 712.224.2310
CENTURY 21 ProLink
1114 4th Street, Sioux City, IA 51101
Licensed in IA, NE, SD